Sunday 18 October 2009

'Rache ist giftig' by Petra Würth

Couple of months back I stopped by in a book store just to spend some extra time. For some reason I always find myself heading toward book stores or libraries in case I 'm trying to pass time. Anyway, I was just walking between the shelves and checking some interesting books, as usual. Well, again I had picked this and that and finally I was holding five books. Mostly when I buy books, they are classics or some certain genre I'm looking for, but sometimes I just pick a wild card. That time the wild card was called 'Rache ist giftig', a book in original language by Petra Würth.

Rache ist giftig is a 'krimi' novel about private detective Pia Petry, who's keeping an office in Hamburg and struggling with both financial and relationship problems. The financial problems are tightening and she's in a desperate need to get a new task. Her prayers are answered and a rich client arrives with a peculiar task to find a certain taxi driver to whom her sister had been infatuated during a nightly taxi drive in Bremen. Pia is excited about the new task and happy to do something nice for once instead of exposing infidel spouses, but nothing is how it looks like and the assignment is getting dangerous features.

I can recommend the book to everyone who likes excitement, romance and humour. Pia Petry is a delightful character and pulls the reader compelling into the story. In addition, Würth's German is not too hard to understand from foreigner's perspective so I suggest to read it in original langue if possible. Enjoy!

http://www.randomhouse.de/book/edition.jsp?edi=257578

No comments: